More than ever before, people are focussing on their health, and especially their immune system. Keeping your body functioning optimally might be easier than you think. So I have put together some easy tips that will keep your immune system rocking.
1. Sleep – Make sure you are getting 7-9 hours of sleep each night. Sometimes easier said than done, but if you toss and turn or feel exhausted after waking, your lack of sleep is setting you up to get sick. So at least thirty minutes before bed, turn off the tv and any screen time. These lights can actually prevent you from falling asleep naturally. I also suggest blackout curtains for your bedroom so that you can sleep in total darkness. Also, don’t eat within 3 hours of going to bed. If you are eating before bed, your digestive system is going full force, which will keep some of your other systems working as well. Of course I recommend essential oils like Lavender and Copaiba to help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep.
2. Wash Your Hands – I know, I know. That’s all we hear about lately. But it’s so true. I know there are gimmicks and songs to say to keep everyone washing their hands long enough, but the other day I heard that it is a good time to pray. What a fantastic idea. Feed your spiritual self along with practicing clean hygiene.
3. Eat More Plants & Get Moving – Those crazy commercials try to tell you that eating Taco Bell or Doritos and sitting on your couch all day is going to make everything ok. Lies! Eating non-processed, non-genetically modified, local grown foods, along with some type of movement (even as simple as taking a walk) will keep your endorphins firing and boost your overall immune system. So add more veggies to your diet over the next couple of weeks and take a walk and see how you feel.
4. The Power of Citrus – Speaking of food as medicine, did you know that citruses have natural cleansing abilities. You can easily buy the fruit and add it to your diet or go with an essential oil for an added boost. I use about 2 drops of lemon in my water every morning to keep my urinary tract functioning well. I also love using Wild Orange to clean the house. Not only does it have impressive cleaning power, it also smells amazing.
5. OnGuard Protective Products – If you aren’t currently using the OnGuard line from dōTERRA, I suggest you stop what you are doing and go purchase immediately. These products are a blend of essential oils with tons of support both inside and out:
Not only can it be used internally (taken orally) or topically (on your skin), there are tons of supporting products, from laundry detergent and toothpaste, to throat drops and cleaning supplies. Limiting toxins ‘around’ you is a great start in eliminating them from getting ‘in’ you.
Interested in trying anything I mentioned (obviously not salad supplies), then let me know and I can get you a sample. Stay well, friends.
April 3, 2020