The past few months has certainly impacted everyone across the globe. We are experiencing a time like no other and it is no doubt impacting our emotions. On top of everyday stresses, the political landscape, the pandemic and you name what else, is causing more and more people to be stressed out.
Stress, worry and anxiety can lead to a lot of health conditions. So what can one do? Today I want to share my best 5 tips for managing your stress.
- Go for a walk – I know it sounds simple, but disconnect and go spend time on a trail or around the neighborhood. Not only is walking good for letting your mind wander, it’s also good for your health. Regular exercise can give you a boost of confidence and mood.
- Listen to soothing music – It’s one of the reasons I started my Friyay Harp Day. If you don’t know what that is, then head over to my facebook page and scroll to any Friday. Research shows that soothing music can lower heart rate, blood pressure and release stress. If you don’t want to pay to download, just type ‘spa music’ on youtube.
- Laugh – Laughter really is the best medicine. Netflix has a whole string of comedians, let alone funny movies. Go watch.
- Reduce caffeine intake – High doses of a stimulant found in tea, coffee, soda, and energy drinks can increase levels of depression and anxiety, research shows. Start trying to cut your intake of these types of drinks by half and replace them with water to start. Staying hydrated is so important to overall health as well.
- Try aromatherapy – You know how when you bake there is a great smell that can often take you back to your childhood? Scent is powerful and can help improve your mood. There are a couple of oils I recommend and I’ll be happy to send you a sample to try. Just let me know.
I hope you all can try incorporating new ways to manage your stress. Start with just one new thing and then expand to try new things. Good luck.